The association is dedicated to the historical and cultural preservation of the former Rocky Springs Carousel for the benefit of the Lancaster County community, the education of the public regarding the history and culture of Lancaster County, and the provision of public recreation.
The Association seeks to find a partnering organization and the optimum location to restore and sustainably operate the carousel for the benefit of all members of our community for generations to come.
Excerpt from “Rocky Springs Park- The Bright Spot of Lancaster County” a 16 page booklet, c.1927, in the collection of the RSCA. Publisher may have been Herman B. Griffiths, the Rocky Springs Park manager after 1896, or the Conestoga Traction Company, which owned the trolley line that served Rocky Springs Park from 1903-1943.) Although this photograph was used repeatedly in Park marketing materials in the 1920’s, it’s thought to be a photograph of a different carousel! The carousel pictured in the booklet is missing our carousel's giraffe behind the chariot. The photo may be of a similar Dentzel Jester Head 3-row carousel, perhaps the one located in Glen Echo, Maryland.